Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September: To Be Read Pile

I am a huge YouTube junkie, and I have been hooked on watching the monthly To be Read Pile videos. So, I decided that I will make a blog edition. (which has probably already been created) But, any who for all of us bloggers out there that want to know what I am currently reading and what I will be reading for the month of September, keep reading and you will find out!!!!

Currently Reading!

At the moment, I am reading "City of Bones" By Cassandra Clare. This is a reread for me because I wanted to read it before seeing the movie, unfortunately I saw the movie when I was about half way through the book. It didn't ruin much since the movie is so much different from the book but, it did give hints as to what will happen in the future books and that sort of spoiled bits and pieces of books 2 and 3 which are "City of Ashes" and "City of Glass".


What I'll be Reading in September:
So, I am sure by now, you can guess what I will be reading in the month of September. I will be carrying on with the series and hopefully getting through, "City of Ashes" and "City of Glass" both by Cassandra Clare.

During September I will also, be participating in a Read-a-Thon! The Read-a-Thon, is going to be hosted by the  Bibliophilesisters. The week of the read-a-Thon, is coincidentally also the week of banned books. If you don't know what Banned Book week is, it is pretty much a week that book lovers and bloggers dedicated in the month of September to read some banned books.

What are banned books? Banned books, are books that are challenged for there content. Banned book week, is established to celebrate the freedom in being able to read any type of book you want. It is an annual event that is held in the month of September during the 22-28. If you want to learn more about banned books and banned book week check out: http://www.ala.org/bbooks/bannedbooksweek

So, in order to pay my respects to banned book week. I will be sneaking in a little banned book into this month as well. So, for my banned book, I will be reading "When it Happens" By Suzanne Colasanti


If you want more information about the Read-a-Thon, check out this great blog, with daily read-a-Thon challenges.
http://bibliophilesisters.wordpress.com/fall-into-reading-read-a-thon/

Keep checking back in here for all my Read-a-Thon, daily updates.

Happy Reading!!!

XOXO,

Booksinw0nderland
(All Images belonging to Cassandra Clare and Susane Colasanti)

No comments:

Post a Comment